Located in one of Charles Street's most intriguing historic buildings, the Beaux-Arts buildings were originally designed in 1892. Its varied uses include a cable car barn, a library for the blind and a ballroom. It first became movie house in 1939 and remained a single screen theater until 1999. Today thanks to an extensive renovation the Charles offers first-run specialty films, Hollywood movies, foreign films and cinema classics. Click on a location to get rates and information for convenient Central nearby parking.